What's Goin On?!
- 1 Our hours are by chance or by appointment!
- 2 And make sure to tell your friends sign up for our eList!
- 3 Our Schedule for the Fall and Winter of 2016!
- 4 This Is The Place
- 5 Ongoing
- 6 Our Recent Press Releases
- 7 Parking is Available on the Street!
- 8 Halloweeeen!
Our hours are by chance or by appointment!
However we are usually here, most days. We are definitely open most Fridays, especially Friday evenings. We are actively renovating cases and expanding our reading area, and our display cases as part of our 25th Anniversary Celebration!
Our Schedule for the Fall and Winter of 2016!
- Fridays in October — (And hopefully Every Friday!) Open Hours usually from 6 to 9 p.m.! Refreshments, treats, contests and Fun will also be provided. Only here. Don’t miss out! -
- Tuesdays from 8 to 11pm— Official Knights of the Mystic Movie Club, continues its Golden Jubilee year as they throw an ice-cold glass of reality into your shocked and saddened face! You'll behold things that should never have been put on film. Food and sassy talk provided. Free. See and experience it or experience quiet, brooding regret for the rest of your life!
[[Image:|thumb|Its the Event of the Year! Everyone will be There!]]
- Saturday 29th October — 17th Annual Rio Blanco Social Club Gory Daze Parade and “Inaugural Ball.” Kicks off with Pre-Parade Madness at the Museum from 5 to 8 and features the Monster Petting Zoo, the adorable Pariah Beat Band and the Best Dressed People of the Upper Valley. Parade leaves from the Museum at 8 and features the Buzzards Brass Band of Brattleboro, Vermont playing the music of New Orleans Carnival. The Glamourous, Masque'd, Ball begins at 9 at the Briggs Opera House. The Ball is $10 at the door. Volunteer with the Rio Blanco Social Club and get in Free!
- First Fridays White River Junction. See the town like you've never seen it before! Wine and Cheese and Music Everywhere! Free! Whoopee!
- First Fridays in December — Stroll the streets! Hear a lecture by Museum curator David Fairbanks Ford, Free and Free Food too!
This Is The Place
Volunteer with us and you’re admitted Free of Charge! Its a fun way to connect and be a part of the Community.
Ask us for Details! at email@example.com or at
802.356.2776 Help us formalize our regular open hours again; catalog books, photograph the collections, give tours and more!
Most of our events are open to the public and are BYOB as long you are all responsible adults—and act like responsible adults. Bracelets will be affixed to the wrists of humans of legal age to consume alcohol. We care about your safety. You will be asked to stay overnight here in our comfy sleeping bags if we determine you are either 1) intending to drive while inebriated, or 2) too hot for you own good. The Main Street Museum—making the neighborhood safe and fun and since 1992. Where else can you have real fun in the Upper Valley? Nowhere. Only here! Cya soon!
"Yall Come!" —The Management
Knights of the Mystic Movie Club
- Every Tuesday Night, 8:30pm. Donations totally accepted!
Don't watch these movies! Obscure, Bad, Cult, B-Movies, whatever you want to call them, we're playing them on the Medium Sized Screen at the Main Street Museum every Tuesday.
Come see our movies. All of them scary, dramatic, and hilarious. Most of these films are cult films waiting to happen. Food treats and prizes awarded to lucky contestants each week. No reserved seating! No tickets necessary, but donations will be asked for. Our nighttime social events follow all accepted standards for public decorum! See our Comportment Document
Our Recent Press Releases
Read past press releases, with information about artists, exhibits, music and film at Publicity!
Parking is Available on the Street!
The streets of White River Junction are quite safe. We recommend parking on Railroad Row, or any other public street. Public parking lots are conveniently located by the Railroad Depot. DO NOT TRESPASS OR PARK CARS NEXT DOOR OR ON THE SIDE OF OUR BUILDING! We have permission to park in the "Stove Company" lot in back after 5pm and on Sundays, and on our riverbank, anytime.
We believe in respecting others, in being responsible citizens, and in pitching in. In other words, "Be Nice or Leave" Read our Comportment Document Here. (It applies to You!)